Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Typical Foods for Holy Week









Its already holy week, this is a traditional holiday for the Filipinoes, others also called it Semana Santa. This is the most solemn event for us Christians. This holidays include the Palm Sunday, Maunday Thursday, Good Friday, Black Saturday and lastly the Easter Sunday.

Through this there are a lot of cultural practice that we follow according to our religious beliefs, the most common is about the foods, there some foods that we usually avoid during this season specially on Good Friday. Good Friday also refer as the fasting day where red meat and other dairy products were prohibited. Drinking alcohol beverages is also not allowed as well as no cooking in oil.

Fishes and vegetables were the only acceptable foods during this holiday, it is said that people who can follow this will receive the great blessings from God. Different fish dishes were made as well as various vegetarian dish like Garbanzos.

While in dessert, it is common to have a rice cake, or they also called as the rice pudding.

With this season it is also common with us to take a vacation coz it is a long holiday and some people make the most out of it to take a rest and enjoy. Though I hope that people won't be able to forget the true reason behind this celebration.







March 29,2010

5 comments:

Printing Quotes | UPrinting Coupons said...

That fish looks delicious! Personally, I like salmon and preferably served as a sushi. Still, I'll eat salmon no matter how it's prepared :D

I don't think I've eaten the one in the rightmost picture. I wonder what it's called..

WiseStep said...

I Like anything which is spicy. Especially sea foods are my favorite choice. By the way yours pictures are Yummy ! ;)

Hotels Cyprus said...

Hey.. man.. your dish makes me much hungry..and I can't resist myself. Your picturised it well. Thanks for sharing.

its_me said...

hello...

Jillian said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

Jillian

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Google Ads

Text Widget