Monday, March 15, 2010

How to Prevent Crying while Chopping Onions

I used to help my mom in the kitchen, I was the one who assist her to prepare all the needed ingredients for the foods, washing it, peeling garlic and other items, and chopping of it. Though there's one that I really hated cutting, the onion. I used to have a teary eye whenever I chop onions and its really irritate me a lot. Thanks that I've learn now how to prevent it, let me share to you some easy ways to do it:

* It will be good if you will first chill the onions in your refrigerator, or you can also wash it in a cold water in able to lessen the acid that cause why your eyes get irritated.

* You can also put lime in your knife before chopping, the acid of the lime react with the gas of the onions.

* To avoid irritation of eyes you can also use a fan and let it blow the gas away from your eyes as you cut it.

* Chew a gum or eat sweets, through this you will be breathing through your mouth not in your nose. Coz if you would stop the odor going through your nose, you will not going to cry.

It is said that onions from farm has much more volatile gas, this is the chemical that react from your eyes, and bring you in tears. Just hope that this simple tips will helps you prevent it, and will stop you from crying while chopping onions.:D






March 15 ,2010

1 comments:

CouponWebz | UPrinting Coupons said...

Haha I thought "crying over onions" is part of the cooking experience :P

Putting lime in the blade of the knife sounds really fascinating because of its scientific approach.

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Google Ads

Text Widget