Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mystery of Doughnuts

Its already 3 in the afternoon, time for meryienda and to relax in a short while. Time to eat my snacks, and what I have here is my favorite meryienda,....doughnut. Doughnut is a dessert-like sweet made from deep fried dough.

I eat a lot of it, I even eat it at breakfast or as a midnight snack. Its really yummy and really satisfied my taste bud. Anyway have you guys ever become curious why does a doughnut have a hole in the middle? Well, when I was young I used to asked my mom about it, though never answered me. So I search it myself,..

Some said that it is needed to conserve the dough, it was cut out in the middle to reused for making more doughnuts. They also said that this is made for us for easy holding. But I think the best answer I've heard(the right one as well, I guess) is to cook it more evenly. It was said that this is the real purpose of making a hole in the middle. Because without the hole it will end up with either a ball that is raw in the middle or overcooked on the outside.

Though whatever the reason is it doesn't matter really, doughnut will still be my favorite...harhar ^^,



February 17 ,2010

1 comments:

CouponWebz | UPrinting Coupons said...

Hmm yeah I never really thought why there were holes. All I cared about was how awesome doughnuts are haha! Yeah the "evenly cooked" theory seems to be the best explanation for the holes :D

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Google Ads

Text Widget