Friday, January 22, 2010

Ice Cream for All Season

Ice cream, my all time favorite, whether in summer where frozen foods where really in demand or even in cold days,..its something that I always crave for. An ice cream is a frozen dessert that is made from dairy products, such as milk and cream, and often combined with fruits or other ingredients and flavours. And speaking of flavours, there are variant of it that you'll surely love such as vanilla, butter pecan, strawberry, cookies and cream, coffee, rocky road, and of course chocolate, one of the popular ice cream and my favorite. I'll share you one recipe of this that you'll surely enjoy.


Ingredients:
5 egg yolks,
500ml milk,
250ml double/heavy cream,
2 oz (50g) sugar,
150g (6 oz) milk chocolate cut into small squares

How to make:
Create a custard base and at the point where you remove the saucepan from the heat, carefully drop in the squares of real chocolate. Stir to allow to melt and then leave the custard to cool. Then chill the custard until it's really cold. Once chilled, mix until slushy. Add the cream (whipped) and make sure it mixes in well. Transfer the mixture in an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.

You'll surely love this one and I hope you'll try to make it for yourself. Have a happy day!




January 22 ,2010

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like have ice cream in winter. it is amazing experience.

Jovir Amatong said...

Hello, really nice posts you got here; all irresistible for a foodie like me! cheers and more power always!

yeyen said...

I love ice cream, Thank you told me recipes and how to make ice cream, I will try to make it, hopefully successfully.

its_me said...

thank you Jovir, nice to hear that, and thanks also for following..

its_me said...

good to hear that Yeyen, expect for more recipe and tips here, hope you'll be able to visit often,..

Post a Comment

Google Ads

Google Ads

Text Widget